Monday, May 08, 2006

This evening, after 10 hours of work, I would like to diffuse the fragrance of my thoughts about Destiny. In making decisions, I tend to ask "will this journey lead to my destination?" Of course, I can't ask that without an end in mind. For instance, a job and even a relationship, is a means to an end. Everyone one of us goes through a process chosen by us or imposed on us. Every process will culminate in a product. The question that should guide our choices--when we are faced with a demand to make a decision-- should be what product will the process we are going through culminate in?

As I drive home tonight in the Lagos traffic, the thoughts on my mind would be on how today's activities will impact my desired product;my destiny.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 pm, Blogger Eyitope said...

One of the most graphic illustrations God has ever shown me is one that has to do with getting to a destination using the right route. Is it possible for someone to take a bus to Ibadan from Lagos and expect to get to Ghana? It cant happen EXCEPT he changes course. If a projectile (and I just remembered my days of Physics) is headed North, It will continue to travel in that direction until there is a force that changes it direction. I believe this applies to us too as humans under the government of God.

If we will get to the end God prescribes for us and has showed us, then our decisions,ON A DAILY BASIS, must be focused in the direction of that desire of God.

The interesting thing is we fail to realize that little drops of water make a mighty ocean, so we focus on slaving away at our jobs but lose the bigger picture of what God gave us life for.

We must not just ask the question "what product will the process we are going through culminate in?" only when we have seemingly major decisions to make but make it an attitude that guides our lives.

Many times we dont do anything about our wrong orientations(I'm talking in terms of direction towards our DESTINATION now) until everything is going out of control. Cant we deal with things without that fire brigade approach?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home